• “DAZN,” “we,” or “us” refer to Perform Investment Limited and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents. To the extent applicable, they also refer to our service providers and licensors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents.
• "Perform Group" means DAZN and our subsidiaries, parent company, and affiliates.
• “Services” means DAZN’s websites, applications, products, services and/or content.
• “User” means any person who accesses or uses the Services in any manner. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Services (and any variations thereof) includes the act of accessing or browsing the Services.
2. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
3. INTERNATIONAL JURISDICTIONS
You also agree to abide by applicable laws concerning your use of the Services and your agreements with us. Any persons accessing our Services from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing the use of the Internet, including personal data collection, use and disclosure may only use the Services in a manner lawful in their jurisdiction. If your use of the Services would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, you may not use the Services.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We will collect the Personal Information that you provide directly to us in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
• When you enter such information when accessing and using the Services, including during any account registration process and payment process;
• When you interact with our customer service team;
• When you participate in our surveys, beta tests or marketing promotions (including competitions), including any entry details and survey responses provided by you, including any entry details, survey responses, feedback, ideas, modifications, suggestions, improvements, and the like made or provided by you with respect to any survey, beta test, and materials related thereto;
• If you choose to provide information relating to reviews or ratings, favorite sports, tournaments, teams, events or personalities, and/or other subjects of interest to sports fans;
• In relation to your account settings, including when you set preferences in the 'My Account' section of any of our Services; and
• When you otherwise provide information to us through the Services or elsewhere.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, medical information, or financial information (except in connection to payments). Please do not provide this information to us through e-mails, feedback forms or in any other way unless specifically requested.
Information Generated from Use of the Services
We, directly from you or via third parties acting on our behalf, will collect information about you and your use of our Services, including, but not limited to:
• Information regarding your use of the Services, including information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our Services, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
• Your payment method, including details of your payment country; payment type and the history of any failed/successful payments; your credit card, debit card or direct debit bank account and also the expiration date of your credit or debit card (if you pay for the Services via one of these methods);
• Your responses online and/or email marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties (including when you open/click on marketing emails);
• Details regarding your interactions with customer services, including the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of chat conversations, social media chats, and emails, your name and email address (as you provide it to us) and previously visited DAZN help pages;
• Device information, including device IDS or unique identifiers;
• Information such as location data, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, ad data, IP address, standard web log information and language choices made by you in relation to your use of the Services;
• Behaviour on our Services as you click around or otherwise interact with our Services (including pages visited, links and buttons clicked, content selections, watch history and search queries);
• The fact that you use certain social media networks;
• Your social media profile details (name and other information you make available to us) when you mention, connect with or contact us through a social media account; and
• Information from third parties. Such third parties may include service providers that help us understand our Users and provide better service to our Users.
On occasion, we may compare or combine Personal Information (defined below) from third party sources to/with other information we have collected. For example, we may obtain contact information from other legitimate sources in order to contact you if we think you or the company you represent would be interested in our Services.
5. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Services or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personal Information”). The types of Personal Information you may submit in connection with use of the Service include:
• your contact information (including your name, your username and your email address)
• your payment details and other billing information (such as card number, cardholder name, expiration date and card verification code) associated with your account;
• geographic location, postcode or zipcode;
• other information about you, such as your birthday.
In order to purchase a subscription to the Services, download any content, take part in any interactive feature of the Services, or receive information from us, such as newsletters or emails regarding upcoming events, you must register and provide accurate information about yourself when requested to do so when using the Services, as the Services may not work properly without such information.
Other data derived from your use of the Services is treated as "Non-Personal Information," unless it is combined with Personal Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information you provide to us to do some or all of the following, in each case to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws:
• provide the Services via our websites, portals or applications, including setting up and administering your account, sending statements and invoices to you, and collecting payments from you;
• administer and monitor our Services, including notify you about changes or updates to our Services and any issues with our Services, such as unavailability;
• provide technical and customer support, including dealing with enquiries and complaints; and
• enforce our terms and conditions (including, but not limited to, determining free trial eligibility);
• enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and otherwise comply with the direction of any relevant regulator or competent authority;
• prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, cheating, and money laundering;
• for record keeping purposes (including to meet internal and external audit requirements);
• conduct research, development, testing and analysis, in order to optimize and enhance the Services, diagnose problems and develop and test new content, products and services;
• evaluate and manage risks to our business;
• provide our commercial partners with information about user’s use of co-branded Services, including historical use data;
• administer competitions and other offers/promotions which you enter into, including send you prizes won via our Services;
• for profiling purposes (including using third party data) so that we can:
o understand and respect your preferences;
o understand and analyse customer trends and patterns, so that we can improve our Services;
o offer you on-product personalisation, including by suggesting and delivering recommended content and providing personalized search;
o market our services (as set out below);
• market our Services (subject to any preferences you have expressed (including consent where required)) including:
o delivering marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, text, online, device notifications or otherwise in order to inform you about news, products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you. Such marketing material may be based on your behaviour;
o showing you targeted and relevant advertisements on a selection of websites across the world wide web and social media websites based on the data collected via Cookies, as set out in Cookie and Beacons (please see below), and measure and analyse the effectiveness and reach of such ads, to help us improve and refine our marketing strategy;
o personalising and/or tailoring marketing communications that we may send to you (including on social networking sites); and
o contacting you in respect of market research, surveys and beta testing programmes, so that we can improve the Services we offer.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
Use of Non-Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personal Information to:
• deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website or App; and
• measure and analyze the effectiveness of advertising we serve you.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personal Information, about your use of our Services with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
6. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
We will not sell or lease your Personal Information to third parties for the third party's own direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may share Personal Information with:
• the Perform Group as needed for data processing and storage, providing you with access to the Services; providing customer support; making decisions about improvements to the Services, content development; and for other purposes described Section 5 above;
• other companies associated with those organizations or entities in order to enable their systems to operate with the Services;
• a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
• other third parties (i) with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or (ii) otherwise to the extent permitted by applicable laws; and
• you, upon your written request.
Subject to the applicable data protection laws, we reserve the right to access and disclose Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or to protect ourselves or others. We may attempt to obtain your prior consent before disclosing the Personal Information, but, unless required by the applicable data protection law, we have no obligation to do so. We may disclose Personal Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
• complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• preventing fraud protection, money laundering and credit risk reduction;
• protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of DAZN, including for billing and collection purposes; and
• protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
We may, where you have given your consent, allow other members of the Perform Group and selected third parties to contact you with relevant offers, competitions and latest news.
• Perform Media Channels Limited
• Perform Media Services Limited
• Perform Media Sales Limited
• Sportal GmbH
• MediaSports Digital GmbH
• Perform Media Japan KK
• Perform Sporting News Limited
• Perform Netherlands BV
• Perform Media France Sarl
• Perform Media Spain S.L.U.
In addition, we may share Non-Personal Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
• with members of the Perform Group that assist us in providing the Services;
• to our partners about how our Users, collectively, use our Services, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Services;
• with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Services;
• to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers and ad networks about the use of various aspects of the Services;
• with other Users or prospective Users of the Services; and
• advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisement.
We will undertake every reasonable precaution to safeguard your personal information. However, if a data breach occurs, we will notify you as soon as feasible (in accordance with applicable data protection laws) and will comply with all legal requirements to mitigate any harms resulting from such a breach.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Services is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your username or password has been compromised), you should immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
8. COOKIES AND BEACONS
Functionality Cookies. These cookies enhance the functionality of our Services by storing your preferences. For instance, they remember that you are signed into DAZN.
Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your personal computer. We associate cookies with Personal Information only if you use the automatic recognition capabilities on restricted areas of the Service, order a Service, use the personalization services available as part of the Services, or ask us to contact you with additional marketing information. We do not otherwise collect Personal Information from browser cookies and we do not associate browser cookies with your Personal Information.
You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being set. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or use certain features or functionality of our Services.
You may choose whether to activate automatic recognition when you register for an account. After registration, you may disable the persistent cookie that supports recognition using the tools in your browser. If you choose to disable the cookies that support automatic recognition, you will need to re-enter your User username and password each time you access a gated portion of the Services.
In addition, third parties that are unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Services. We do not have control over these third party collection practices. If you wish to minimize these third-party collections, and you can adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins.
9. YOUR CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
Email Communications. If you have consented to receiving marketing communication from us but you no longer wish to receive these notifications, please complete the contact us form at my.dazn.com/contactus. You can also click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any DAZN marketing email. If you do decide to opt-out of receiving information, we may be unable to keep you informed of any of our new products, services, or special offers that may interest you.
Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
Cookies. To opt out of either Functionality, Performance or Browser Cookies, you will need to manage your preferences in your web browser or directly on your mobile or tablet device (see guidance below).
Web Browsers. Using your web browser, you can block, refuse or delete cookies. For instructions on how to delete or block cookies, please go to http://meine-cookies.org/cookies_verwalten/index.html. You can also get more detailed instructions on how to delete and block cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
If you would like to block Google Analytics in your web browser, follow the instructions here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To block DoubleClick Advertising go to: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb
When using the web browser on mobile and tablet devices, you will need to open the settings for the web browser and manage your cookie preferences within the settings tab. For example, on iPhones you can select ‘Do Not Track’ or change your preferences under ‘Block Cookies’ for each web browser.
Mobile and tablet applications. When using the App you cannot opt out of cookies. DAZN does not use online behavioural or third party cookies on mobile or tablet devices. When using the web browser, then you can adjust these settings (see Web Browsers above).
TV’s and Consoles. On these devices you cannot opt out of cookies. DAZN does not use online behavioural or third party cookies on these devices. Turning off your cookies may mean that some Services do not function in the same way or might not work at all (unless you re-enable cookies). We want you to be in control of your own data, so if you have any questions about how to manage cookies or how we use your data, please contact DAZN at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not opt out of the cookies, or similar technology to cookies, used on the Services, you will be deemed to have accepted that such cookies or similar technology to cookies will run on your device(s) when using the Services.
Network Advertising Initiative. Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Do Not Track. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Services do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Services operate.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Services respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
The Services are for general adult audiences who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect and/or share Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any Personal Information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 18, we may suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any personal information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
If, in the future, DAZN actively collects Personal Information from children, it will do so in compliance with applicable law.
12. CONTACT US